Dresden 1810 - 1895 Naples
Rights held by: Fondation Custodia, Collection Frits Lugt, Paris
Hauschild’s interest in Italian architecture began while he was a student at the School of Architecture of the Dresden Art Academy. He was in Rome in 1833 and, on his return, took a post as professor at the Academy. He returned to Rome twice in the 1840s and, from 1852, lived between Dresden and Rome, eventually settling in Naples, where he specialized in architectural views in oil, gouache, and watercolor.
Text written and researched by Michelle Bird National Gallery of Art, Washington DC.
Oil on paper
13.2 × 12.1 cm
This can be found in Gallery 12: The Adeane