Talks and Events | Evening Performances / Events
A Summer Evening at the Fitz
A special sea-themed evening with something for everyone, celebrating Museums at Night!
- View a major exhibition of powerful new sea paintings, Maggi Hambling: The Wave
- Enjoy music and relax with refreshments in the Courtyard Café
- Be inspired by renowned Chinese ‘Fish King’ Chen Hong’s painting demonstration, try out his techniques and have a chance to win one of his paintings
- Make a marine mobile in the studio
- Meet mythical sea gods and nymphs in the collection on a special gallery trail for families
- Have family fishing fun with a Fish Kit activity in the galleries
- Browse in the Courtyard Shop
Part of the permanent collections, including 20th century art, and the exhibition Netsuke: Japanese Art in Miniature will also be open. Please use the Courtyard Entrance.
Fri 14 May 2010 | 18:00 to 20:30
Courtyard, galleries and education studio