Things to note before your visit
In the interests of the safety and enjoyment of all our visitors we ask you to observe the following:
1. Please do not bring into the Museum any large items (including large bags and backpacks), cycles or animals (except guide and assistance dogs).
2. Please leave small bags and parcels in the bag checks while you visit the galleries. Umbrellas may not be taken into the galleries. Coat racks and umbrella stands are provided for visitors' use. Please note that the Museum does not accept large items of luggage and does not accept responsibility for articles left in the bag checks.
3. Please do not smoke anywhere in the Museum buildings.
4. Sketching is allowed in the galleries provided the galleries are not too busy. When sketching, please be aware of other visitors and make sure there is no risk to people or works in the gallery. No pastels, ink or liquid colour, including oils, may be used.
5. Please do not:
- Get too close or touch any picture, its frame, glass, or label or any other object.
- Use a mobile telephone for making or receiving voice calls, texts or messages.
- Bring food and drink for consumption in the Museum.
Museum Opening Hours
Tuesday - Saturday:
10:00 - 17:00
Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays:
12:00 - 17:00
CLOSED: Mondays, Good Friday, 24-26 & 31 December 2013 and 1 January 2014
Dutch Art 17th-18th centuries (15), Charrington Print Room (16) and Adeane Gallery (12) until further notice.