Temporary Changes to Displays
We regret that from time to time some galleries are closed to the public for refurbishment or redisplay.
In addition, individual pictures and objects are sometimes sent on loan to other museums. It is also necessary from time to time to change the contents of a display or remove items for conservation. If you are planning to visit the Museum to see a particular item, please check in advance that it is on view by contacting: email@example.com.
Access to Reserve Collections
If you wish to see an item that you know is not normally on display please use the following links:
- General conditions for viewing items in the reserve collections
- Viewing the Antiquities reserve collections
- Viewing the Applied Arts reserve collections
- Viewing the Coins & Medals reserve collections
- Viewing the Manuscripts & Printed Books reserve collections
- Viewing the Paintings, Drawings & Prints reserve collections