The Friends of the Fitzwilliam Museum
An outstanding museum needs exceptional supporters. The Friends of the Fitzwilliam was formed in 1909 to support the Museum and is the oldest such society in Britain. Friends play a vital role in the life of the Fitzwilliam and their contributions are greatly valued. For over a century, the passion and dedication of a committed membership have enabled hundreds of outstanding works of art to enter and enrich the Museum's collections for the benefit and enjoyment of future generations.
The chief aim of the Friends is to continue supporting the Museum through:
- the contribution of their annual subscription to the acquisition funds
- the provision of volunteers' help when and where appropriate
- the fostering of interest in the Museum
Support this great Museum and enjoy:
- exclusive lectures, private views and tours 'behind the scenes' at the Museum
- special visits to see other treasures within the Colleges of the University of Cambridge
- visits to exhibitions, art galleries and historic houses in Britain
- annual summer Garden Party and Christmas Party in the Museum
- exclusive shopping events in the Courtyard shop
- special mailings with What's On information
- access to the Friends' Room in the Museum
- opportunities to become involved as a volunteer
Details and application form for joining the Friends...