The Friends of the Fitzwilliam Museum
An outstanding museum needs exceptional supporters. The Friends of the Fitzwilliam was formed in 1909 to support the Museum and is the oldest such society in Britain. Friends play a vital role in the life of the Fitzwilliam and their contributions are greatly valued. For over a century, the passion and dedication of a committed membership have enabled hundreds of outstanding works of art to enter and enrich the Museum's collections for the benefit and enjoyment of future generations.
The chief aim of the Friends is to continue supporting the Museum through:
- the contribution of their annual subscription to the acquisition funds
- the provision of volunteers' help when and where appropriate
- the fostering of interest in the Museum
Support this great Museum and enjoy:
- Exclusive lectures, evening openings and study mornings at the Museum
- Special visits to exhibitions, art galleries, collections and historic houses in Cambridge and across the region
- Social gatherings in the Museum in the Summer and at Christmas
- Personal mailing of the Museum’s What’s On brochure and Friends’ events programme
- Concessionary prices for Museum events and exclusive offers in the shop and café.
Details and application form for joining the Friends...