Donations are vital to the future of the Fitzwilliam for:
- Restoring and maintaining works of art through conservation
- Presenting innovative temporary exhibitions
- Continuing our commitment to high quality education programmes and research
- Purchasing key acquisitions
- Ensuring free access and meeting the needs of over 300,000 visitors each year
You can contribute to the Fitzwilliam by:
- Giving cash personally in a Museum donation box
- Sending a cheque payable to The Fitzwilliam Museum
- Making a payment by credit/debit card on-line is a simple and secure way of making a donation using this form (link)
- Making a gift of quoted shares or securities. Generous tax benefits are available for donors of shares and securities listed on the stock exchange. Such gifts are exempt from capital gains tax and the donor will receive income tax relief on the full market value of shares at the time of sale. Please contact us to discuss how to make a gift by this means. Image[no alt text]
- An online contribution through the University Development Office by specifying that you wish your donation to come to The Fitzwilliam Museum.
If you are a UK taxpayer and would like your gift to be tax effective, Gift Aid allows you to increase the value of your donation without incurring any extra cost. For example, a gift of £250 is worth £325 to the Museum, as we are able to reclaim tax you have paid at basic rate. Please complete and return our Gift Aid Form (link) with your donation.
Donating from the USA
Donations from the USA, which are tax deductible, should be made to Cambridge in America, which is a US foundation with charitable 501© 3 status, and sent to: Cambridge in America, 292 Madison Avenue, 8th floor, New York, NY 10017, USA. donors may ask the Board to allocate their gift to The Fitzwilliam Museum.
For further details please contact :
Sue Rhodes, Development Officer
The Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge CB2 1RB
Tel: 01223 332939
Fax: 01223 332923