Philanthropy is vital to the future of the Fitzwilliam Museum for:
- Restoring and maintaining works of art through conservation
- Presenting innovative temporary exhibitions
- Continuing our commitment to high quality education programmes and research
- Purchasing key acquisitions
- Ensuring free access and meeting the needs of over 300,000 visitors each year
You can support the Fitzwilliam Museum by:
- Giving in person through the Museum’s donation boxes
- Sending a cheque by post payable to ‘The Fitzwilliam Museum’. Please find our postal address on the Contact Us page.
- An online contribution via the University’s Development and Alumni Relations Office by specifying that you wish your donation to come to The Fitzwilliam Museum – please click the orange ‘Give online’ button on the right of the page.
- Making a gift of quoted shares or securities. Generous tax benefits are available for donors of shares and securities listed on the stock exchange. Such gifts are exempt from capital gains tax and the donor will receive income tax relief on the full market value of shares at the time of sale. Please contact us to discuss how to make a gift by this means.
If you are a UK taxpayer and would like your gift to be tax effective, Gift Aid allows you to increase the value of your donation without incurring any extra cost. We are able to reclaim tax you have paid at the basic rate which means that we can receive an additional 25p from HM Revenue and Customs for every £1 you donate. It really does make a difference, so please complete and return our Gift Aid Form with your donation if you are eligible.
Donating from the USA
Donations from the USA, which are tax deductible, should be made to Cambridge in America, which is a US foundation with charitable 501© 3 status. Please direct gifts to: Cambridge in America, 1120 Avenue of the Americas, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10036, USA. Donors may ask the Board to allocate their gift to The Fitzwilliam Museum.
To discuss these giving opportunities or for more information, please Contact Us.