[Back to results screen]
This full record display is using an old version of our collections database until it has been reconfigured to work with our new Collections Explorer.
In the meantime, if the record has been edited recently, the version you see here may contain out of date information. To be sure of finding the most up-to-date records please run the search again in Collections Explorer.
This is a temporary measure, in place only whilst the new system is being developed, and we apologise for any inconvenience. If you have any questions about the data in this record please contact the Documentation Office
Linnell, John (miniaturist)
Click on image(s) for larger view
Linnell, John (miniaturist) [ULAN info: British artist, 1792-1882]
watercolour on ivory
Riches, Thomas Henry 1950 (Filtered for: Paintings, Drawings and Prints) John Linnell (d. 1882); the Linnell Trustees; Linnell Sale, Christie's, 15 March, 1918 (part of lot 169); bt. by Messrs Carfax for T.H. Riches (85 gns)
Bequeathed 1935, with a life interest to his widow (d. 1950).
- (2005) Treasures of the Fitzwilliam Museum, London: Scala [page: 88]
- Story, A.T. (1893) William Blake: His Life, Character and Genius,
[comments: Illus. as frontispiece.]
- Keynes, Geoffrey (1921) A Bibliography of William Blake, New York [page: 480]
[comments: No. 4.]
- Bindman, David (1970) William Blake: catalogue of the Blake collection in the Fitzwilliam Museum Cambridge, Cambridge (Cambs.): W. Heffer and Sons Ltd. [page: 56]
[comments: No. 49, pl. 66.]
- Keynes, Geoffrey (1977) The Complete Portraiture of William and Catherine Blake, London? [page: 135/6]
[comments: Plate 26.]
- Bayne-Powell, Robert Lane (1985) Catalogue of Portrait Miniatures in the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge, Cambridge (Cambs.): Cambridge University Press [page: 152-3]
PD.61-1950 (Paintings, Drawings and Prints)
(Reference Number: 11967; Input Date: 2000-09-07 / Last Edit: 2011-07-22)
P.11871-R - William Blake
[back to top]