Museum Talks and Tours
Lots of groups ask us to do introductory visits to the museum for people who may not have much experience of visiting museums or looking at paintings and objects. We can tailor our talks and tours to the needs of the group. Where possible we will try to find out what kind of things members of the group are interested in and create a tour based on those interests.
What to expect:
- A tour will last between 30 minutes and 1 hour and will focus upon four or five objects or paintings.
- A talk will last about 30 minutes and will either focus upon one object or painting or a comparison of a small group.
- Talks and tours are led by a member of the Education Department and can be as interactive as the group wish.
Some popular themes:
- Highlights of the collection
- Tours of current exhibitions
- People and Identity
- Exploring Modern Art
- Myth and belief
- Time Travel Treks
Our popular programme of seasonal walks followed by related talks in the Museum are co-led by staff from Cambridge City Council. To find out when the next walk is or to book a place, please contact Binnie Pickard, Community Development Officer (North) on 01223 508149.