Jobs | Published: Thu 28 Mar 2013
Administrative Temporary Assignment within the University of Cambridge Museums Learning Officers Network
9am-5pm, 1 day per week on Mondays, for 6 months
Hourly rate: £9.44
The temporary assignment will be conducted through the University of Cambridge Temporary Employment Service and the position will be based within the University of Cambridge Museums.
University of Cambridge Museums (UCM), is one of only 16 museum services nationally to secure Major Partnership Funding from the Arts Council England (ACE). The Connecting Collections programme (CC) will transform access to the exception collections and research resources of the eight University of Cambridge Museums. Substantial digital innovation, high-profile exhibitions, imaginative learning programmes and effective marketing across the University museums and with wider cultural partners will reach and benefit audiences locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
The assignment will provide administrative support for the University of Cambridge Museums Learning Officers Network.
- Administration and support for the monthly meetings of the UCM Learning Officers network (including the Museums Quarterly Planning meetings): preparing agendas, booking meeting rooms, arranging refreshments, taking and writing up minutes
- Gathering data and collating programme information across the UCM Learning Officers network
- Supporting the Learning Programme Evaluation Project: copying evaluation forms, typing up evaluation forms and surveys
- Supporting freelancers on specific projects: arranging meetings, preparing materials
- Providing administrative support to individual museum learning officers where capacity permits.
- A real interest in museum education and the cultural sector
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Administrative experience, with first class organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and comfortably adapt to changing circumstances and requirements
- Enjoys working flexibly as part of a team but can work independently with minimum supervision, taking responsibility and initiative where required
Deadline for applications: 12 noon, Friday 19 April 2013
Candidate discussions: Friday 3 May 2013
Method of Application
Interested candidates should register on-line with the University of Cambridge Temporary Employment Service, by 12 noon on Friday 19 April 2013 and supply a CV and Statement of Interest.
The registration form can be found here:
In the ‘work details’ section of the application form, please quote: UCM Administrative Assignment